Sunday 23 September 2012

Facial Tanner Review

I have tried many facial fake tanners but these are the ones I am going to review (mainly because they are the only ones I havent thrown away):

CW from C: Clarins Instant Smooth Self Tanning, Clinique Self Sun face tinted lotion, St Tropez Gradual Face Tan Medium to dark, Lancome Flash Bronzer

This one is different to the rest, in that it's an instant tan rather than a developing one. Regardless, I do like this product and it does give an instant tan as promised. It smells a bit too perfumey for my liking, but the product itself is creamy which makes it easy to blend and it's actually brown so you can see where it is being applied. It doesn't make a huge difference but it does give a subtle glow underneath your makeup. You apply this after your usual skin care routine rather than letting it develop so it's also good if you're in a hurry and need an instant bronzing boost.

I have been using facial tanners for a while and I was back on the market for one especially because I found the ones that I was using too fragranced and felt abit artificial on my skin. So, I switched to this Clinique tanner because it is 100% fragrance free and unlike a lot of face tanners it is oil free and non-comdeogenic, which is ideal for my very blemish-prone skin. You apply this one at night and allow it to develop. It is also brown in colour so you can see where you are putting it but it is less creamy and a bit more runny than the Clarins above. On first use, I was impressed with the colour it gave my face in the morning - a very natural, even, bronzed look. This product was a pleasure to use but the only reason I stopped using it was because I found it washed off a lot easier than any other developing tanners and didn't last after my rigorous cleansing routine. But, overall I was quite happy and it was reasonably priced; £17.50 for 50ml. I would recommend this.

Being an avid St Tropez user, I had high expectations for this product. I was left disappointed for a number of reasons. Firstly, I don't like the forumla. It is too greasy and heavy for my liking, and as a result felt like I wasn't allowing my skin to breathe when I went to bed. I used the same amount of product that I do with any tanner, but the morning after using this one I noticed barely any difference to the colour of my face despite this being the medium to dark shade. I know it's gradual, but I was expecting colour more promptly and being the impatient person that I am I didn't want to wait 3 or 4 days before I noticed any colour on my face. I do still love St Tropez so I think maybe I will give this another go before I start giving it a bad review. It's the cheapest, atleast, at £14 for 50ml.

Save the best for last. This is the one that I use most regularly because it really does give a very naturally bronzed look, especially under make up, I genuinely look like i've been sunning it up somewhere hot for two weeks! I switched this for Clinique because I felt this one was a bit too fragranced, but after using Clinique for a month or so, I switched back to this because I missed the colour that it gave me! It is a little greasy, but I'm willing to forgive that for the lasting colour it gives. It's more easily buildable than the rest of them; whilst one layer will give a nice healthy bronzed glow, with another layer you are truly party ready. This also makes this product ideal for all skin shades but if you want a very subtle colour I probably wouldn't use this. I also like using this after my normal skin care routine, and before my make up because the colour develops through out they day (noticeably) and it almost acts like a primer because it gives a nice soft, smooth foundation-ready texture to the skin. It's also the only one that comes in a pump bottle, which allows for easy and accurate application; I normally put one pump on each cheek, my nose and my forehead then rub in. If you try this you must wash your hands after use, and you cannot be lazy with your rubbing in otherwise you may get a few streaks (which are unnoticeable underneath foundation). Its the most expensive at £23 but it does last for ages; about four months i'd say. My mom is also a lover of this one now :). Oh, one more thing, this is a gel rather than a cream!

Whilst I am happy with my Lancome face tan I think I may try a developing tanner from Clarins next, simply because I am too much of a product junkie to stick with one product. What face fake tanner do you guys use?

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is really beautiful. Your point is really good and your product. Someone would always looking for Best Skin Care products. So start taking care of your skin.

    ReplyDelete